Criminal Defense Attorney in Weirton
Experienced Representation for Clients in West Virginia & Ohio
When facing criminal charges, your freedom and future are at stake. To protect yourself against a devastating and life-altering conviction, you will need the highest level of support. At Isla Law Offices, we bring more than 25 years of criminal law experience to every case we handle. Whatever your criminal law issue, we can provide you with effective criminal defense that will give you the best possible chance of dismissing your charges.
Call (304) 404-7050 today to schedule your free consultation. We can begin by informing you of your rights and discussing your options.
Cases We Handle
Our law firm defends clients’ rights in a range of criminal cases, including:
- DUI – Driving under the influence is a serious charge that can result in significant fines, jail time, and license suspension. Our legal team can help you fight your charges to avoid these and other consequences.
- Misdemeanors – Although misdemeanor crimes are considered “lesser offenses,” the penalties can be quite severe. In West Virginia, for example, a Class 1 misdemeanor could result in one year in county jail and a fine of up to $2,500. Make sure you have a skilled attorney on your side who can fight to get your charges dropped.
- Assault and battery – This type of violent crime is often charged as a misdemeanor. But make no mistake about it – if you have been charged with assault and battery, it could have a devastating impact on your future. A conviction could lead to months or even years in jail. In addition, the offense will go on your criminal record, which could result in job loss and a limitation on future employment opportunities. Attorney Roger A. Isla is here to protect your rights and clear the path toward a fair outcome.
- Fraud – There are various forms of fraud, and the punishments vary depending on the victim and the value of the money or goods taken. In West Virginia, fraudulent acts that involve goods and services of less than $1,000 are considered misdemeanors and are punishable by up to one year in jail and a maximum fine of $2,500. The penalties increase exponentially for crimes involving higher dollar values.
- Burglary – If you have been accused of entering someone else’s property with the intent to commit a crime, you could be charged with burglary. Our criminal defense lawyer is here to help you avoid the harsh penalties of a burglary conviction by casting doubt on the prosecution’s case and presenting evidence that proves your innocence or lack of intent.
Our Experience Is Your Advantage
Attorney Isla served as a Jefferson County Court Judge for two years, where he ruled on numerous misdemeanor cases, including DUIs. His experience as a judge provides him with valuable insight about juries, court rulings, and the criminal justice process in general, all of which can be used to your benefit. Our legal team knows what defense strategies are effective –we know when to argue for an acquittal, negotiate a plea bargain, or seek case dismissal based on insufficient evidence.
Take Immediate Action to Protect Your Rights
The moment the prosecution targets you as a suspect and begins questioning, you should contact our legal team. We can be your advocate during interrogation and help you protect your Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination. The sooner you involve us in your case, the more opportunity we have to work toward dropped charges or other alternatives to jail, such as pre-trial diversion programs.
Contact Isla Law Offices at (304) 404-7050 now to discuss your case with our skilled Weirton criminal defense attorney.
Why Choose Isla Law?What Sets Us Apart
25+ Years of Bankruptcy Experience
Affordable Financing Options Available
Accessible In-Person, Online & Over the Phone
Personalized Service Tailored to Each Client
Licensed to Practice in Pennsylvania, West Virginia & Ohio
Schedule a consultation with us today to discuss your legal options with our seasoned attorney.